Creating a safe environment.
What is an Injury-Free Environment? NO Injuries!
Each person leaves each day in the same condition in which he or she arrived.
Charateristics of an Injury-Free Environment:
- We believe all injuries are preventable.
- We do not accept injuries as part of doing business.
- We are dedicated to the continuous inprovement of our safety preformance.
Three Key Elements of an Injury-Free Environment:
- Supportive leadership
- Personal commitment to safety
- Free and open lines of communication
What's Wrong with a Few Injuries?
- Just a few injuries could mean you or the person next to you will get hurt. Is that acceptable? NO!
How is it Possible to Work Injury-Free?
- Eliminating all injuries requires a Performance Breakthrough in safety, which includes:
- A different method of preventing injuries;
- Commitment of 100% of the organization.
- It must come from a shift in the way we think of safety.
What Are the Root Causes of Occupational Injuries?
- National Safety Council - 96% of all injuries are caused by human factors or error.
In order to achieve an Injury-Free Environment, each of us must consider whether our acts are safe or unsafe.