Making safety a priority.
In order to create an Injury-Free Environment, Safety must be a VALUE, NOT a Priority!
What is Compliance?
- To follow rules
- To yield to others
What is a Choice?
- Ability to select
- Option, alternative, preference
Understanding the Effect Compliance and Choice Have on Safe Behavior:
- Safe behavior and actions must be by choice to be truly effective.
- We much Choose to be safe for ourselves, or families and our fellow workers, because we believe it is the right thing to do, not because someone told us to do it.
You Can Create an Injury-Free Environment by:
- Reporting all injuries or near miss incidents.
- Keeping your work area free of hazards.
- Pre-planning your work. Ask the "What if?" question.
- Doing extra planning when conditions change.